Monday, November 1, 2010

Week 2

Well here in my second week, between the candy from Halloween and my Medicine I have gained 1.8 pounds back since last week :(    

Total bummer, but honestly I expected it and prepared myself for it. While I am getting frustrated with the yo-yoing my weight has been doing I know that it's no one else's fault, but my own. I was sick this week; therefore, I didn't get in any exercise except for walking my godson around to go trick or treating which was tech. only a mile in distance (Lame) :(  for me that is. I decided since I was so big on being active in my last blog I better get off my ass, so I don't look like a hypocritical loser!

Starting tomorrow morning I am beginning a new program called Couch 2 5k it helps people who are not very active, or not runners start from the beginning and slowly work their way to being able to run a 5k even which I want to do in mid Jan! I downloaded the podcast from Itunes just a little bit ago. For those of you who don't already know about this program, a podcast for c25k is basically just a playlist of music that someone has compiled and through out the music there is someone telling you when to walk and when to run. As each goes by you walk less and run more, if you are struggling with certain weeks you can repeat them until you have grown comfortable enough to move on to the next weeks training schedule!

I guess I will have to add the coolrunnings site to that of my new fav. online help sites. I am really looking forward to this program I hope it can help a very unhealthy overweight person such as myself become a runner in the long run. Even knowing that it will be hard I still can't wait to hit the streets with a new attitude I hope to kiss my walking days goodbye in a couple of months and welcome the new joy's of being able to call myself a runner!  I guess over the next couple of weeks I should post my progress in hopes of making sure I stick with this... HERE'S TO RUNNING!!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain I gained this week too. Started each day determined but my mom has been eating abd and when there's junk in the house I have a hard time resisting (which is my own fault).

    But today is a new day! We both can do this!

    That podcast sounds awesome. I like running but tend only do it sporadically and even when I do I can only run about 2 miles outside. Is the podcast thing expensive? It sounds very motivating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The podcasts I get are totally free!! I can upload them to my backflip or to my ipod either one works well. I was going to start my run today, but then realized I should wait until tomorrow because your supposed to run every other day with this program, and I know wed. mornings I'm never home. Sooo tomorrow morning will be my first attempt at c25k and I will continue with it on thur's and sat mornings!

    I know what you mean about bad food in the house being hard to resist I stay with my gram to help her out and since shes over 70 years old she only wants to eat comfort foods :(

    Hey if you try c25k it takes a couple months but by the end you can run a full 3.1 miles. You can check out coolrunning.com if your interested!

    ReplyDelete