Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Food 4 A Cold Day!

This morning was even colder than yesterday!!! I was actually shivering when I walked into the house this morning after work, Thank God the heat was on, and I made it to the kitchen to run my hands under some warm water. I don't believe on running the heat in my car it just seems a crazy thing to have to do in FL ya know? Anyway I decided to have something warm and filling to eat before bed, and wasn't really in the mood for oatmeal so I made some pancakes (yummy) :) I made 3 small pancakes and lightly spread some butter and syrup on them. I only got 2 of them down before I was stuffed so I'm glad I saved a point there lol. Just to let you know the size of the plates that I take most of my pictures on are the size of a small Frisbee. I don't want anyone here thinking that these plates are huge I just take close up pics of all the meals I make. 



For lunch I decided I didn't feel like making anything special since I wasn't feeling very energetic, so I popped a blasted TV dinner in the oven. I know they are not very point friendly and the Mac and Cheese one I popped in is probably worse since there was no veggies with it, but every now and then I need some comfort food and this really did the trick for me!


I decided to take a regular sandwich to work with me tonight, not one on my typical sandwich thins. So I made Chicken Salad with a borrowed can of Chicken from my mom's place (THANKS MOM) and added some cut of celery and light mayo. I put it on 15 grain Oatmeal bread which I love. Even though it's more point's the I would normally like to use on a sandwich I had quiet a few point's to spare today so everything worked out well. I also brought along a bottle of water, a Lemon Lime Jello cup. Some ruby Red Grapefruit and Pineapple chunks along with a Nutri-Grain bar gave me my daily fruit intake and for a sweet I brought along a really yummy 100 calorie pack of Chocolate Mint cookie thins!!! 

I also decided to by pop pop's at the store today as my godson likes to call them. I have been having a really bad sore throat over the last few days' and wanted something cool to eat. These pop pop's might look like they should only be for kids but they taste amazing and are FAT FREE with only 40 Cals. in them and added Vitamin C!! My personal favorite out of the box is the Hulk one's but they others taste just as great. The fact that they are made with real fruit juice is a plus, and they even come with a little joke on the stick for those of use who like a little entertainment while we eat!! All in all today was a pretty good food day I stayed within my points, but I do need to work on making sure I'm getting in all my GHG's I noticed I missed some of them the last couple of day's that will have to be my goal for the next couple of days!

2 comments:

  1. I love them and they are so low low low in points!!! And hey who says were too old to enjoy them as well!

    ReplyDelete