Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Productive Day!

Well I got home this morning, and was soooo tired I was sure I was going to be lazy and plop my ass down in bed and never move again. I guess I'm just glad I had such a crappy day yesterday that I felt guilty enough to stay awake and get some things taken care of. 

I knew today was election day, so instead of choosing between voting and getting in a walk I got smart and decided to walk my behind to the polls that way I got both accomplished at the same time. My voting location was only about a half a mile from the house so I knew I would get in at least a mile if not more after I left the polls. 

When I got home I was starving and decided to make myself some over medium eggs, and an English muffin with light butter. One of the eggs I made had me laughing my ass off, for some reason it was like monster egg and took up the whole frying pan when I cooked it. I don't know how all of that egg was hiding in such a small shell lol. When you see my pic you will know right away which one I'm talking about!!


For Lunch I had planned on making pork chops since I had taken them out of the freezer last night and tossed them into the fridge before I left for work... I couldn't believe it when I took them out of the fridge this afternoon to find them still frozen solid in the centers!!! I know they are the thicker ones, but still almost 15 hours and they didn't defrost!! I had to make a quick change, and decided to cook meatloaf instead. All in all lunch was pretty tasty!! I cooked up the meatloaf, made red cabbage for my main veggie, and heated up some mashed potatoes!! I really wanted my chops today, but I guess I will have to settle on cooking them tomorrow!


 For work I decided on bringing a Tavern Ham sandwich thin with Munster cheese, a bag of carrots, and apples, and some Ruby Red grapefruit!! I also brought a 100 calorie pack of cookies to get me through my sweet tooth, and I didn't get it in the picture, but I packed a small side salad with Romain lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and Tangy Tomato Bacon Dressing!! I would have to say I am looking forward to that the most tonight it looks so yummy sitting here staring at me while I work lol.


So after a complete and totally crappy day yesterday I pulled things back around and did pretty well for myself today, and for that I am happy! I got in a partial walk for my C25K plan as well until the sky's opened up on me and started pouring I had to head back home early which bummed me out because I was doing pretty well with it so far. Leave it to FL to rain on my parade! Oh well I had a great food day, and I will try to do a complete work out for the C25K plan tomorrow morning!! 
 

4 comments:

  1. Did you cook the red cabbage from scratch or was it from a jar?

    I love cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the red cabbage from a jar... I wanted to try and make it from scratch, but I wasn't sure really how to go about it. My friend said she would give me her recipe for it for the next time though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red cabbage but have only had it from the jar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too, that and beets!! I'm going to have to learn to make it from scratch though since I like a challenge I just need to find the time lol.

    ReplyDelete