Sunday, November 14, 2010

Great Weekend!!

So this weekend started early for me I took off Thursday from work, so I could host my parents 25th wedding anniversary party. We had a bunch of family and friends over to celebrate with them, and threw a dinner party. I knew going into this weekend that there was going to be a lot of food going on, and that I was going to have to be very careful with my points. To my delight everything ran very smoothly, and I even managed to stay pretty on track. For my parents anniversary dinner we made stuffed chicken breasts with broccoli and cheese, mashed potatoes, stuffing, mixed baked beans, and corn. Since I hadn't gotten a chance to eat earlier in the day I managed to eat with in my points range even with having a slice of their Raspberry Decadence cake which was topped with cream cheese frosting!!!


So after my parents party, we had my grandfathers 75th Birthday party to throw. We surprised him and has some of his friends fly in from NY for the party which turned out to be a great success!! For the party I made 75 assorted cupcakes and I am proud to say out of the 75 I only ate 2 and not even on the same day! I also made a pasta salad that had everything but the kitchen sink in it.

Pasta Salad Contents:
Tri-Colored Spiral Pasta
Cucumbers
Grape Tomatoes (Halved)
Black Olives
Sharp Yellow and White Cabbot Cheese
R,Y,G Bell Peppers
Italian Seasoning Packet
Balsamic Vinagrette Dressing
Balsamic/Italian Robusto Dressing

It tasted very good, even though it was a little pointy for my normal day I had saved up my weeklies for this party. I also made mixed baked beans which were so yummy (cant post recipe though it's my grams). Overall the party was a lot of fun my brother was in town on leave from the Navy which made things that much better for us all. I don't know about all family's but in mine we are very close and food can sometimes be equated with love. It's hard being on WW and having big events like this so close together, but for the most part this weekend was a blast and I managed to control my eating habits and count my points. I do have to get in a couple workouts this week if I plan on having any points left for the upcoming days but it was def. worth it for all the fun we had! I just hope that the scale will agree with me this Thursday!!!
My Gramps in his Superhero undies, getting ready to blow out 74 cupcakes.... someone ate one early can you believe that!!!!

Me, Gramps, and my Brother Mike... ( Don't you just love his Birthday Attire!!) 

I'm just glad that this weekend went as well as it did, not many people can say that they have been married for 25 years or have live to be 75 I'm very lucky to be blessed with great family, and if it means sparing a few points to celebrate with them than it is def. worth it to me! I can always get my workout on later in the week to make up for it!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! My grandpa would kill us if we tried to buy him superhero underwear, your grandpa is such a good sport!

    Good for you for staying on track too thats hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, my Gramps is really awesome he figures if he's lived 75 years he can be as goofy as he wants lol. It was hard to stay on track, but I'm glad I did I just hope my WI goes well tomorrow lol!

    ReplyDelete