Monday, November 8, 2010

Back to Food!

So this morning when I got off work it was a whopping 47 degrees outside... I know for most of you that doesn't seem very cold, but here in FL we don't get weather like this very often. Being that cold it made my breakfast choice really easy on me. I went home and pulled out a packet of Blueberry Oatmeal and heated it up with milk instead of water. I find it helps get in my dairy servings on day's I don't plan on drinking milk or getting it in any other way. The oatmeal was yummy, hot, and very filling. When I eat something like that in the morning before I go to sleep I know I won't end up waking up starving a few hours later ya know. 


 For Lunch I decided that I wanted to indulge a little, and make myself a grilled cheese which I hardly ever make anymore since I started WW. The cheese and the bread can get a little pointy if your not careful, but today I had the extra points and was willing to spend them on the ooey gooey goodness. It was well worth it I might add. I used a 15 grain oatmeal bread and added a little touch of spicy brown mustard to my sandwich like my parents always used to do when I was a kid. It was so YUMMY!


For dinner I made pork chop, half a baked potato and some sweet whole kernel corn. I took a picture of the whole pork chop which I shake and baked, but I only ate half of it while the other half sits in the fridge and waits for tomorrow. I remember the days when I used to be able to eat 2 pork chops for dinner and have room for dessert now I'm glad that the sight of a whole pork chop scares me off! Everything tasted amazing, and I was very full when I left for work tonight. To work I brought a salad to get in some more veggies for the day, and to take care of my sweet tooth I brought a lemon lime SF Jello cup. I have been on a real grapefruit kick as of late so I added in some of that as well and a 100 calorie pack of Oreo Cakesters!!




My brother will be coming home this week and I am so excited. It will def. me a struggle while he is home on leave, because my family is celebrating my parents 25th wedding anniversary along with my grandfathers 75th birthday party an early thanksgiving, and I have a funeral dinner to attend. My brother has always been really supportive of me trying to lose weight and I want to show him that I have things under control now, I just hope I can keep it together while he is here and show him that I am dedicated to making myself healthy and that I can resist temptation now!! I hope this week goes well and I'm sure will all the events going on I will have tons of new pics to post!

2 comments:

  1. I love oatmeal but it always seems to make me hungrier later in the day. Maybe its the carbs.

    It was freezing here too! Ok it was like 60 but in So Cal thats freezing! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I love oatmeal too my mom makes the best from scratch but unfortunately I still don't have her talent with it haha. It usually keeps me pretty full, so I don't have to worry about getting hungrier later. 60 is cold for FL so the 40's has been pure hell lol. It's weird though the days here are in the 80's and then at night lately is has dropped drastically I hope it evens out soon. I like a little chill in the air, but not a frost lol.

    ReplyDelete