Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 4 . . . Food Journal

I love Friday mornings! For me Friday mornings mean the beginning of my weekend. I typically have Fri. and Sat's off, so either those are the day's I do my most cooking or my most sleeping lol. It usually depends on how busy my week has been and how well I have remained on track throughout the week. This week however I already made my pumpkin spice cake, so I figure I don't need to be making to many more things to tempt me off track. When I got home from work I was only mildly hungry, so I tossed an English muffin into the toaster, and an egg onto the frying pan. I was really tempted to stop at McDonald's on my way home from work, but I decided making my own lower point McMuffin would be wiser. After my egg was cooked all the way through I added on a slice of Swiss cheese to let it melt then put the combination onto the Muffin which I added some country crock to, so it wouldn't end up dry like McDonald's usually is. This muffin was amazing I loved every bite, and I saved myself 2 points by not using any meat on it so I decided to have a banana with it!!


 I finally got some really good sleep after breakfast, no annoying phone calls waking me up or costruction workers banging away on the house next doors! For lunch I decided to make an early dinner since I figured I would be going to my friends house later that night and wasn't sure if I would be eating again before then. I decided to make a pan seared cube steak with brown onion gravy. I love cube steak, and most of the time people give it a bad wrap because it can come out tough if not cooked correctly. I made mine in a frying pan with slightly coated in olive oil. Before I cooked the meat I let some minced onions get soft in the oil then threw on the meat. While that was cooking I decided that I was going to have mashed potatoes, and mixed veggies. I hardly ever eat veggie out of a can, so when you see most of my veggies on here know that they mostly come from the steam fresh bags in the frozen food isle. The flavor remains excellent and they don't become mushy from sitting in water for a long period of time. When the cube steak was finished cooking I topped it and the potatoes with a little brown gravy and added some Country Crock butter spread onto my veggies. The cube steak was cooked perfectly and the potatoes were so yummy!


After my early dinner I did end up going to my best friend Ashley's house to chill and relax. While I was there a bunch of people came over and we all decided to order pizza from Domino's. We ordered a large meat lovers, and I was really stressing about how many points I was going to waste over this totally delicious looking pizza, so in the end I took only 1 bit from 1 piece and then left the rest. This way I could say I had a bite of the yumminess without having to blow my week by eating unnecessary points. When I got back home later that night I was starting to feel hungry, so I heated myself up a tv dinner. I made one of those frozen soup and panini sandwiche things, and it totally hit the spot... While they are not to point friendly themselves the tomato soup was very filling and still fewer points then the pizza. I only had 2 bites out of the ham and cheese panini that came with the meal because they remind me to much of hot pockets which I really never eat.

By this time I was full and ready for bed! I was very happy with the way my day turned out I. The almost pizza debacle was behind me, and I only ended up eating 30 of my 32 points that day! For a Friday this was one of my best ever, for some reason the weekends always make me feel like I can cheat and it won't hurt me, but since starting this blog I find I like staying on track even more then pigging out when I think no one will notice!

2 comments:

  1. I find it hard to believe anyone could actually like hot pockets. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! I know so many people that eat them like everyday it makes me sick to my stomach :( They are so dry and fake tasting that I even hate the smell of them cooking lol. It's nice to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete