Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 1 . . . Food Journal

Today is my first Visual Food Journal post, and since I work overnights my menu's may confuse you a little at times. I am def. one of those believers that you don't have to eat breakfast in the mornings and you don't have to eat dinner at night! Today I was driving home from work, and it was rather chilly out for FL weather so I went home and made myself a bowl of Blueberry oatmeal, and finished it off with a banana! It was so yummy, and warm it helped me fall asleep full and warm!



When I finally woke up this afternoon I decided that I really wanted a salad and baked potato for lunch, and I got to work making one of the best salads I had ever eaten!! My Salad consisted of:

Romain Lettuce Hearts
1 Small Cucumber
1/4 Green Bell Pepper
1/3 Diced Tomato
4 Chunks of Cauliflower
5 Chopped Green Olives
1 Tbs. Bacon Crumbles
1/2 Tsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
Tangy Catalina Bacon Salad Dressing!






Okay so after lunch I did some things around the house, and then my sweet tooth really kicked in so I decided to use my freshly bought strawberries to make a mini shortcake for dessert!! I took 1 of the pre-made shortcake shells and added a scoop of Fat Free Cool Whip to it then piled on some fresh berries. I then topped it off with another dab of Cool Whip and drizzled Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup around the plate. It was so yummy, and really a low point treat for WW!!



Now like I mentioned before I work overnights, so I have to pack a bunch of stuff to keep me full while I am there. If I don't have something to keep me busy I tend to much, so I need to make sure the stuff I am munching on is healthy.

Tonight I packed a honey ham sandwich with baby swiss cheese on an Arnold's sandwich thin. I also added a no sugar added cup of ruby red grapefruit, a bag of mixed red and green apple slices, and a bag of baby carrots. For the carrots I added a 1oz side fat free blu cheese dip. I tend to get a sweet tooth while I sit at work all night, so I also packed a 100 calorie pack of chocolate chip cookies!!


For right now I am allowed 32 Weight Watcher Points a day with 35 extra a week for splurges and the sort. Today out of my 32 points I consumed 26.5 I will probably have another banana while at work and a few cubes of cheese just to hit my daily target, but for the most part these were my main course through the day. I enjoyed each and every one of them and found that they all did a really great job of keeping me full and satisfied. I already have my meals planned out for tomorrow I just hope I do as well as I did today with staying on track and keeping myself full!

No comments:

Post a Comment