Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Appetite Is Back!

Okay, so for the first time this week I am starting to feel better and actually had an appetite! This morning I came home from work, and wasn't sure what I wanted to eat. Well with sleep calling my name I decided to eat a quick bowl of Cinnamon Life cereal it is my all time favorite, and I loved every bite this morning!!


I have been taking a steroid all week to help clear up a nasty sinus infection, and I think it really drove my appetite into gear for lunch today. I wasn't sure what I wanted at first, but then I remembered I just bought a new Whole Wheat pasta that I wanted to try. So... I busted out my frying pan and tossed some EVOO into it along with some minced onion, green bell pepper and a little bit of garlic. One it was all nice and heated through I poured in my Black Olive, and Mushroom tomato sauce. I knew I had one piece of Texas Toast left in the freezer so I pulled that out as well and threw it in the oven to get nice and crispy... I'm glad I made a little bit too much now I know I will have great left overs for lunch tomorrow!!


For work tonight I wanted to make sure I brought plenty of low point foods and ones I know would fill me up. I lost a lot last week, and wanted to make sure that I was staying full but also really on track this week so I wouldn't end up with a major gain due to the medication I am on. Tonight I brought with me:

Fruits: Apples, Red Grapefruit, Sliced Strawberries!!
Veggies: Carrots, Celery
Protein: Cheese Cubes and a  Ham and Cheese on a Sandwich Thin! (Spicy Brown Mustard!)
Others: Blueberry Nutri-Grain Bar, Jello Dark Chocolate Mousse!


Overall I would say that today went well I finally had my appetite back, and out of 32 daily points I consumes 31! I have plenty to keep me full and satisfied while at work, and even 1 point left to spare If I decided to pop me a bag of Smart Pop later and munch away. Tomorrow I hope I still have my appetite there are only so many days in the week you can eat Saltines and Tea lol!!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon! Medications can really whack you out.

    I seriously need to start planning my day out more. I just tend to change my mind a lot because once the time comes I dont feel like what I've what I planned so I stopped planning but then I have days like today and yesterday where I just went way over from silly little snacks.

    I admire your dedication to planning it all out like that! Plus I like seeing your meals every day good reminder for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! These meds are now def. giving me the munchies I'm glad all I brought with me tonight were fruits and veggies or I would be in some real trouble. I used to hate planning my meals out, but once I started school back up as well as work I have like no time to wast going back and forth on food choices I just need to know what's what and cook it lmao. Most of the time I stick to it, but other days I get better ideas and have to change it up a little. I have a few recipe ideas from other WW members blogs I want to try out and add to my page so if your looking for ideas I should have some new stuff up soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete