Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 3 . . . Food Journal

I'm not sure where I go all of my energy this morning after coming home from work, but as soon as I walked in the door I decided to try a new  WW recipe. I made a delicious pumpkin spice cake for tonight's dessert!! After that I was really hungry, and decided that I really wanted an omlette. . . I took 2 large eggs and whisked them up adding a titch of water to make them nice and fluffy I also added pepper and salt to them before cooking. The inside of my omlette consisted of diced red, green, and yellow bell peppers which I suteed in a pan with some olive oil first just to soften them up. The flavor of those peppers was amazing and added so much to the flavor of my omlette. I also used one slice of Baby Swiss cheese which melted to gooey perfection. I knew that today was going to be one of my larger breakfast days because I was so hungry that I popped in a whole wheat high fiber English muffin into the toaster. After it toasted twice I spread some County Crock Spread on it, and drizzled my omlette with some Ketchup! Needless to say breakfast was very filling and delicious!






For my lunch I knew I needed to use up the other piece of chicken breast I had cooked yesterday, so I decided to make another salad and throw the chicken in with it this time... I got my veggies, and my protein in yeah!! My Salad was made up of, Romain Lettuce, Red, Yellow, and Green bell peppers, as well as cauliflower florets. I also added in a small cucumber, sliced green olive, my chicken breast diced up, with diced tomato, and grated Parmesan cheese. I was going to use my fat free ranch, but I finally decided to use my Tangy Tomato Bacon dressing again to save on points.




 I waited all morning, and afternoon to get to the dessert part of my day. The house smelled like Thanksgiving with all the pumpkin scents floating through the kitchen. I took only a small piece of the pumpkin spice I made this morning and added just a daub of my Fat Free Cool Whip to it. The recipe called for one spice cake mix, and one can of pumpkin filling. I added 1/2 cup water when I made it so it wouldn't be as dense as normal and it came out beautifully. The texture was almost like a thicker more dense version of pumpkin pie without the crust. The best part was because I skipped using the eggs and oil I saved myself a huge amount of point, and still kept the best part the flavor!!




I was pretty full after lunch and dessert, so I only brought a few things to work with me tonight. I made sure to choose things I know I would like to snack on, and things I know would keep me full and satisfied. I brought with me: a cup of fresh strawberries, a medium banana, some more weight watchers popcorn from last night and a strawberry whipped yogurt. For my sandwich I decided to make a Smoked Virgina Ham and Swiss Cheese on an Arnold's sandwich thin...


 I think I did pretty well today on top of only using 30 out of my 32 allotted daily points I also got in a really great workout and burned off 600 calories which in WW terms means I earned an additional 6 points to use for the day. I plan on saving them for this weekend when I will really need them, but who knows if I get a sweet tooth later tonight I might just eat a fun sized candy bar which will add a few points onto my day but still not put me over. I really hope tomorrow goes as well as today, and I hope I can find my motivation for another workout even if I am a tad bit sore form today's!

2 comments:

  1. That pumpkin cake sounds great. I'm in love with and all things pumpkin flavored.

    Also, that's awesome how you plan everything out. My biggest downfall is mostly planning everything out but at night I tend to just want something or get hungry. I've got to start planning some kind of night snack and not just eating what I feel like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my biggest problem I never had anything in the house to eat and never planned what I was going to want to make throughout the week. I went shopping this week and planned out all my meals ahead of time. I didn't know what day I was going to make them, but having the ingredients on hand helped a lot this week.

    The Pumpkin Spice cake was amazing I love all things pumpkin as well. This cake only took 33 mins to bake and is so tasty all you need is a box of spice cake mix, a can of pumpkin and a 1/2 cup of water no eggs or oil. Mix it together and bake so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete