Monday, December 27, 2010

Surviving Christmas!

Well I guess Christmas went better than I was expecting it to this year! I had a couple of parties to go to and the food choices were oh so tempting!! I did well in planning though I ate something small before I went, so when I got there I was almost full and limited myself to just a few of the treats that I only get once a year. Going home after getting presents has been the hardest part for me though. My Aunt Kim baked like the devil this year making brownies, rum balls, cinnamon bread, and raspberry bars and oatmeal apple cookies!! I swear it's like attack of the bakery in the house and it all smells and tastes so good that I have to be super careful  as to watch what I actually eat. Not to mention that my gram got over 7 pounds of CANDY for her gifts this year as she is getting older and doesn't really want much else. I look at those boxes covering the counters and have to keep myself from diving head first. I'm thankful that most of it is stuff that I really don't care for which I guess is a real blessing! I have New Years Eve to contend with this weekend, but I'm hoping that I will be able to handle that as well as I did Christmas! My Gram also make a Chocolate Cream Pie for dessert on Christmas Day I'm just thankful I had a small piece and left the rest for my parents to finish, that thing can be the hardest to resist when it is staring up at you from the fridge I can tell you that much!!





















4 comments:

  1. It is so hard to resist all those things! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was really hard, and while I did my best the scale is still tipping up rather than down this week which is a total bummer. Not to stressed about it though I have classes starting back up and they will keep me to busy to eat endlessly lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy! What is that on top...pineapples?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope it's actually banana's but now that you mention it I will have to try and make one with pineapple since I love those too!!

    ReplyDelete